Saturday, April 24, 2010

Reflection

This technology course has helped me to develop my own technology skills by teaching me how to create and incorporate blogs, wikis, and podcasts into my classroom. The discussions and resources helped provide me with ideas and taught me how to help prepare my students for the 21st century. This course helped me develop skills that I can take back to my classroom and teach my students. This course has taught me how to use technology to help engage my students in the learning process, meet state standards, and help prepare them for life after high school.



I can continue to expand my knowledge of technology integration with the aim of increasing student achievement by continuing to take classes through Walden University and taking classes offered through my school district. I plan on using the internet and researching how other teachers are finding success through technology. I will need to continue trial and error and see how the use of technology and which types of technology help improve student achievement. Technology is constantly changing, so it is important that I keep up with the latest information, so I can find ways to incorporate and prepare my students for success in the 21st century.



One long term goal I have for myself is to incorporate blogs into my classroom. I plan on accomplishing this by doing a little at time. I want to first introduce my students to blogs and use them for a few assignments. I want to eventually have weekly discussions through blogs. Another goal I have for myself is to have my students work together on a Wiki space. I would like to create a website for Read 180 that includes materials, books, and other information that can help them be successful. I plan on accomplishing this goal by setting up one section at a time and assigning my students specific tasks. We can work on improving it and adding to the Wiki every year.

No comments:

Post a Comment