Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Assessing for Learning - Reflection

Throughout this course I have learned how to assess my students learning needs and about the framework for the Universal Design for Learning. I have learned about Differentiated Instruction that focuses on content, process, and product. I have also learned how to differentiate instruction based on readiness, interest, and learning profile. As this class draws to a close, I feel that I have learned valuable information and have a better understanding of how I can differentiate instruction to meet the needs of my diverse learners.

After participating in Differentiated Social Networks, I have gained resources, tools, and techniques from my classmates and professor that I am excited to implement in my own classroom. These resources will help me differentiate my instruction and plan lessons that allow students to meet one goal in a variety of ways. This will help engage students in the learning process and provide each student with the opportunity to be successful.

I plan on organizing the resources I have gained during this course through www.livebinders.com this summer. I also plan on implementing glogs and voicethreads into my classroom next year. I think voicethreads will be extremely helpful for students who struggle with putting their thoughts into writing. Glogs can be a great way for students to present knowledge by allowing them to present information in a variety of different ways.

I have also learned a variety of ways to differentiate my instruction. I had a general knowledge of what differntiate instruction entailed, but after taking this course I feel I have a better understanding. I also have learned that differentiaitng my instruction does not have to be extremely difficult or take hours to plan. Technology is a great tool to use when differentiating instruction and I plan on using the many resources I have gained through this course to help meet the needs of my diverse learners.

Overall, I can honestly say this has been the most beneficial technology class I have taken through Walden University. I am excited to implement what I have learned in my classroom next year. I understand that this is a process that will develop overtime, but I am excited to make steps towards creating an environment that allows all students to find success in the classroom. I plan on keeping in touch will my fellow classmates and taking more technology classes to help ensure that I am doing as much as I can to meet the needs of my diverse learners.

No comments:

Post a Comment